I list here the recommended camping sites and travel parks, which we have visited in the winter time.
The wishes of a family with children for winter services in the campsites
- Sauna and shower room where you can go with the whole family (This wish is also for summer time). A shower visit with a toddler is quite challenging if you go alone with your child to the shower and sauna. At least, our son doesn’t stay still for a moment longer. 🙈😅 The bath tub etc for a child in the bathroom would be great and, if it could also fit in the sauna space, it would be so awesome. 😍
- Washing machine for clothes and a dryer room/dryer cabinet etc.
- The emptying point for the toilet and for the grey water tank
- An electric pole where to connect the camper van that can also be used for heating, because then you can save gas when you can use Truma’s combined heating mode (gas + electricity). Read more here.
Brief introductions of top campsites and travel parks
- Levilehto Apartments, Levi, Finnish Lapland
- Luxia Caravan, Kakslauttanen, Finnish Lapland
- Best Park Artctic Circle, Rovaniemi
Levilehto Apartments, Levi
We have been in the caravan area of Levilehto Apartments for several nights with our own camper van and the service has always been good. Here you will find the area’s website. The area is right near the center of Levi, meaning easy access to the front slopes and restaurants and shops on foot. 🤩
We visited in Levilehto at first time when Pasi had paternity leave in October-November 2020. This trip was also the first winter trip on a camper van with a toddler, but it really won’t be the last one!!! 😍🤩❄️🚐
As a tip, you can just also empty the toilet of your camper van here and the service is excellent !!! 👌 We could empty the toilet once a little outside the duty time! 🤩🚐
Luxia Caravan, Kakslauttanen
Luxia Caravan is located in Kakslauttanen, close to Kiilopää and Saariselkä. As an area, it was really nice and the sauna was just amazing because it can be reserved for your own family. We were here for 2 nights and at the first night we were the only guests and at the second night there was also another motorhome. 🚐 It was easy to wash the laundry here because they had also a drying cabinet. 🤗 And you could also empty a toilet etc. Also other caravan services can be found here. Read more on the Luxia Caravan website.
Best Park Arctic Circle, Rovaniemi
It is probably hard to find any cheaper place to stay a night and also sauna and shower for three includes to the price. The Best Park Arctic Circle -travel park cost about € 14 to stay in January 2021 and all their services were in use, even the sauna. At the gate we made a reservation by phone and received a code at the gate after payment. The facilities were brand new and we had them for private use as we stayed alone there. 🤗 The water tank was also filled and the toilet emptied at the same price. You can find more detailed information on Best Park’s own website.
Read more here about our visit in Rovaniemi’s Best Park and check out the photos:
Then let’s go to the adventure with a camper van also in winter time! Please share your own campsite and travel park tips for us !! 🙃 I also listed other posts below that might be of your interest. 🙂
Other camper van related blog posts for you
- The first feelings about Weinsberg Carabus 600 MQ (Scandic, 2020) -camper van.
- Help related to the dream of a camper van and the chosing of a camper van
- Awesome Maps coloring map is so amazing in a decor of a camper van
Kitesurfing related posts
Have a great day and we wish you happy adventures on the road!! 😍🤩🚐